Address: Ploshchad’ Pavshikh Bortsov, д. 1, Volgograd, Volgograd Oblast, Russia, 400131
The University started as Stalingrad Medical Institute founded in 1935. In 1993 it got the status of the Academy, and in 2003 it was granted the status of the University. The University is currently headed by the prominent Russian scientist, Academician of the Russian Academy for Medical Sciences, Professor Vladimir I. Petrov.
The Volgograd State Medical University is an active participant in a number of international projects promoting medical research and clinical practice. This accounts for a genuine interest in the activities of the University on the part of government officials of various countries. It has recently been visited by the ambassadors of the USA, Malaysia, India, the People’s Republic of China, Brunei, Bangladesh, etc., top officials of Medical and Dental Councils of different countries.
The Volgograd State Medical University has built up relationships with a number of foreign universities – the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (USA), Albert Ludwigs Universitaet (Freiburg, Germany), Martin-Luther Halle-Wittenberg Universitaet (Germany), Belgian, French, Chinese universities, etc. This collaboration has been fostering the advance of medical science in such fields as family medicine, poison control, family planning, and reproductive health, arterial hypertension, epidemiology, tuberculosis diagnosis and treatment, pharmacology, pharmacy, etc. One of the latest developments in the newly set up Russian-American Family Practice Clinic which is a unique clinic of this type in the whole of the south of Russia.
The University has been collaborating with the World Federation for Medical Education, with the World Health Organisation (WHO), with UNESCO, with the British Council, with the United States Agency for International Development, with the American International Health Alliance, and participating in a wide range of joint international research projects.
Why Volgograd State Medical University?
- Wide range of possibilities
- The experienced and attentive faculties
- Broad exposure to clinical practice
- Reasonable tuition fees and hostel accommodation price
Volgograd State Medical University Faculties:
- General Medicine (MBBS)
• Dentistry (BDS)
• Preparatory Faculty
Advantages of Studying MBBS at Volgograd State Medical University:
- No Donation required to study MBBS in VolgSMU. The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- VolgSMU is recognized by MCI, WHO, MMC, BMDC, NMDC, GMC, and degrees are recognized globally.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- The medical degree that students get from Volgograd State Medical University is globally renowned and holds great worth.
- Graduates of Volgograd State Medical University become eligible for working in government & private hospitals after completing their MBBS Course.
- Particular Department, Clinics, Hospitals, offer practical training to medical students.
- Medical Course (MBBS) offered to Indian & Foreign students in English Medium.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable.
Volgograd State Medical University Recognition:
- Ministry of Public Health and Education, Russian Federation.
- Medical Council of India (MCI).
- World Health Organization.
- Malaysian Medical Council.
- Nigerian Medical & Dental Council
- Ghana Medical & Dental Council
- Arab Countries Medical Councils
- VolgSMU is listed in the top twenty Medical Universities of Russia.
Volgograd State Medical University Ranking
Country Rank: 158, World Rank: 4825. VolgSMU is the top choice for foreign students as well as for Indian students for studying Medicine (MBBS) in Russia.
Volgograd State Medical University Fees | Fee structure
The fees structure for 2020: 5400 USD Dollars for the first year (It includes tuition, hostel, medical insurance, documentation), from second year 4250 USD Dollars for the same. Fees for the preparatory course is 4800 USD Dollars with Hostel.
|Fee Pattern||Total Fee
2nd-6th Per Year
|Per Year||5400 USD||4250 USD||26650 USD|
Volgograd State Medical University Hostels | Accommodation
The University provides 3 hostels with most of the facilities for students. Most of these hostels house both Russian and international students. Due to a recent increase in the number of students the hostels are usually full, but however, the university houses a special accommodation service which provides students with comfortable flats to rent.
Volgograd state medical university Admission | Admission procedure:
One intake in a year for MBBS course-English Medium for foreign students: 1st Intake: May-September 15. And for preparatory course intake available from June to November 10. For other faculties only from June-August 20.
The admission process begins by you sending us the scanned copy of the documents listed below, for more details or free counseling consult RREC TEAM (the authorized representative of Volgograd state medical university, Russia)
- Filled application form
- secondary school certificate or transcript
- Medical fitness certificate
- Photos (passport size 35*45mm at the matte paper)
We will get you the admission letter and invitation letter from the selected university. We will also guide you through the entire process and will complete all documentation including visa, ticket (for Indian students), For other countries aspirants, we will provide admission and invitation letter and will provide complete guidelines regarding visa, ticket. An incoming student enrolled through RREC will receive by their officials at Moscow or Volgograd Airport.
City Day: Second Sunday of September, Country: Russia, City status since the end of the; 18th century.
Volgograd is a city in Russia, the capital of the Volgograd region located in the southeast of the European part of Russia, on the banks of the Volga River. Volgograd has the status of “Hero City” because of the Battle of Stalingrad that took place here during the Second World War. Volgograd is one of the fastest-growing tourist centers in the south of Russia. The monument-ensemble of Mamayev Hill, the museum-panorama “The Battle of Stalingrad” are the world-famous symbols of the Second World War, which to this day attract people in Volgograd. The silhouette of the sculpture “Motherland” is one of the main symbols of Volgograd. City Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of September. The climate is temperate continental. The city stretches for 90 km along the right bank of the Volga River. The Volga-Don Canal begins in the southern part of the city connecting Volgograd with the Caspian, Black, Baltic and White Seas, Moscow and St. Petersburg.
International Students can Volgograd International Airport (Gumrak), located about 15 km from the city center, offers regular flights to Moscow, Ekaterinburg, Saratov, Sochi, Surgut.
Get Direct Admission to VolgSMU, Join Reliable Russian Educational Consultants
(Authorized representative of Indians & foreign students)
Admission open for the 2020-21 academic year, interesting students may contact us
Contact numbers: +917042284508, 509 (Ind) | +79604430042 (Rus)
Students or parents can write to us at WhatsApp also +79604430042 (Rus), +917042284508 (Ind)
Top Rank Most Reputed Medical Universities of Russia
- Rostov State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kazan Federal University (Medical Faculty)
- Crimea Federal University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- North Ossetian State Medical Academy
- People’s Friendship University (Medical Faculty)
- Yaroslavl State Medical University
- Altai State Medical University
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
Join the best university for your career as per your budget. All mentioned universities here recognized by the Medical Council of India. For more Info call RREC Team at 1800-527-5827. Or Apply online at www.rrec.com.ru
Why Russia is a top destination for Study MBBS Abroad?
- WHO, MCI Recognized Government Medical universities.
- Quality Education with affordable fees.
- English medium Faculty.
- Direct Admission from Authorized Admission partner of the university.
- Easy Admission Procedure.
- Tuition fee students can pay semester wise.
- MCI Coaching available ( Visiting Professors from India).
- Loan Facilities available.
- Daily flights to Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai and to other cities.